What are cookies and how long do they stay on my device?
Cookies are small pieces of text sent to your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Website or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit to the Website easier and more useful.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser. There are different types of persistent and session cookies. For example, there are essential cookies, which are necessary to operate a website, and there are analytics cookies, which are used to see how a visitor uses a website.
When you use and/or access the Website, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser for the following purposes:
- To enable certain functions of the Website; and
- To obtain analytics.
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Website, and we use different types of cookies to run the Website:
- Essential cookies. We may use essential cookies to facilitate your use of the Website. Without essential cookies, you may not be able to properly or seamlessly access the Website. For example, we may use essential cookies to remember information that changes the way the Website behaves or looks, such as your language preference on the Website in order to prevent you from having to select your language preference each time you visit a new page of the Website.
- Analytics cookies. We may use analytics cookies to track information on how you use the Website so that we can make improvements thereto. For example, we may collect your IP address, type of device and the pages you visit to see how you react to advertisements, pages, features or new functionality of the Website.
What are your choices regarding cookies?
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features of the Website, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of the pages on the Website might not display properly.
- For the Chrome web browser, please visit this page from Google:https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050;
- For the Internet Explorer web browser, please visit this page from Microsoft: https://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835;
- For the Firefox web browser, please visit this page from Mozilla: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored;
- For the Safari web browser, please visit this page from Apple: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac; and
- For any other web browser, please visit your web browser’s official web pages.
Users may opt out of non-essential third-party cookies. You can learn more by visiting the following third-party websites:
In addition, there are third-party plug-ins and apps that help manage cookies.
Where can you find more information about cookies?
You can learn more about cookies by visiting the following third-party websites: